Prov. 8:12-16 – “..by me kings reign…”
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” Prov. 9:10
1. Pray for our gov’t leaders to grow in their fear of the Lord.
2. Pray that our gov’t leaders will see the value of wisdom from above.
Prov. 14:34 “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will pursue righteousness, and flee from sin.
2. Pray that see the value of righteousness, and the destructiveness of sin.
Prov. 16:10 “A divine decision is in the lips of the king; His mouth should not err in ju
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will come to understand the impact of their every decision.
2. Pray that they will learn to judge righteously.
Prov. 16:12 “It is an abomination for kings to commit wickedness, For a throne is established on righteousness.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will see the value of personal integrity and uprightness when no one is looking.
2. Pray that they will see the great value of righteousness for them, their governing team, and for our nation.
Prov. 17:7 “Excellent speech is not fitting for a fool; Much less are lying lips to a prince.”
Prov. 29:12 “If a ruler pay attention to falsehood, All his ministers become wicked.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will see the great value of truthfuilness; and will learn to hate and flee dishonesty.
2. Pray that the standard of excellent honest speech will increase among our gov’t leaders.
Prov. 20:8 “A king who sits on the throne of justice Disperses all evil with his eyes.” Prov. 29:4 “The king gives stability to the land by justice, But a man who takes bribes overthrows it.”
1. Pray that true justice will be revealed to our gov’t leaders.
2. Pray that our gov’t leaders will learn where true authority lies.
Prov. 20:26 “A wise king winnows the wicked, And drives the threshing wheel over them.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will face up to the fact that wickedness and evil exist i
2. Pray that our gov’t leaders will learn to wisely stand against wickedness.
Prov. 21:1 “The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes.”
1. Pray that our God will have mercy on our nation and turn the hearts of our gov’t leaders who do not seek or honor Him.
2. Pray that the people of our nation will not lose heart, but will believe God for this.
Prov. 25:2 “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search o
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will do their due diligence before making decisions/judgments.
2. Pray that they will learn who is safe to get counsel from.
Prov. 25:5 “Take away the wicked from before the king, And his throne will be established in righteousness.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will have the courage to keep their distance from wicked men or women.
2. Pray they will have discernment to know who those people are.
Prov. 28:2 “By the transgression of a land many are its princes, But by a man of understanding and knowledge, so it endures.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will gain the knowledge and understanding they need in every situation.
Prov. 28:15,16 “Like a roaring lion and a rushing bear Is a wicked ruler over a poor people.” Prov. 29:2 “When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, But when a wicked man rules, people groan.”
1. Pray that wicked gov’t leaders in our nation will be removed from office.
Prov. 29:14 “If a king judges the poor with truth, His throne will be established forever.”
1. Pray that our gov’t leaders will act and rule re: the poor under their jurisdictions with truth – – even when that truth is not politically correct.
1. Pray that God will protect our gov’t leaders from alcoholism and sexual immorali
2. Pray that our gov’t leaders will flee these temptations and will get help when necessary to overcome them.