I. God Opens and Closes Wombs – He Alone Decides Whether a Woman Can get Pregnant
– Gen. 29:31 “…and He opened her womb, but Rachel was barren.”
– Gen. 30:2 place of God, who has withheld from the fruit of the womb?”
– I Sam. 1:5,6 “for he loved Hannah, but the Lord had closed her womb.
– Psalm 127:3 “Behold children are a gift of the Lord,
Thus the ability to get pregnant is an intentional gift or grace from God.
II. God uniquely, personally and intentionally creates every person in the
– “And the same one fashion us in the womb?” Job 31:15
– “… You wove me in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13
– “.. bones are formed in the womb of the pregnant woman.” Eccl. 11:5
– “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..” Jeremiah 1:5a
III. God uniquely calls and gives destiny to each individual in the womb:
– for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; Judges 13:5
– Psalm 139:13-16 “You wove me in my mother’s womb…and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth.”
– “Lord called Me from the womb; From the body of My mother He named me.” Isaiah 49:1
– God to Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you.” Jeremiah 1:5
– and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb.” Luke 1:15
– “But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace…” Galatians 1:15
IV. In God’s view – whether inside or outside the womb – he/she is a baby
– the “baby” leaped in her womb (cf. vs.44). I Peter 2:2 brephos
V. God gives the responsibility to protect life to His church and to gov’t.
– Prov. 24;11,12 “Deliver those who are being taken away to death, And those who are staggering to slaughter, Oh hold them back. If you say,
– Prov. 31:8 ,9 “Open your mouth for the mute, For the rights of all the unfortunate (lit. “sons of passing away”).
– Romans 13:3,4 For rulers are not cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. ….for it is an avenger who brings wrath on the one who
VI. God gives the church the responsibility to extend mercy and healing to
those wounded and scarred by abortion.
– “If you forgive the sins of any, their sins forgiven them” John 20:23
– “God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely that God was in Christ II Cor. 5:18,19